View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, guess what I did. After putting in the movie in the CD Rom drive and NOTHING happened, I found one of my husband's old Stock Training DVD's . On this cd it says "place the Cd-rom in your CD-rom drive. Video menu should appear automatically. click any chapter title to view movie.

IT WORKED. I did this in both drives. The C and the E.

It worked in both drives. At the top of the screen (as the thing was playing), it said "Quick Start.avi-Camptasia Player (which I then looked up on the internet and it's an avi file player. So what I get from this is that my computer can play avi files but not MOVIE DVD's???????????????????

I still have to download a codecs player. They want $14.99 for some codecs pack. I'm not paying anything because this all worked fine BEFORE i went to the computer guy.

I'm going there now and get more info. But what I really don't want to do is unplug this whole computer, carry it into the store, have him do whatever he has to do, lug it home, re-hook it up.

I mean, really?? just to play dvd's.

I'll buy a dvd player and hook it up to my living room tv.

Oh, in my bedroom, I have a regular tv without the red yellow and white inputs.
Can I hook up a dvd player to a tv that has a vcr, and cable box, but the front and back of my tv has no red, white and yellow inputs?

If I bought a dvd player and brought it into my bedroom, how would I hook it up?

Thanks to anyone who knows. You guys know WAY more than I could ever know.

BUT I CAN LEARN.

lol
melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-17-2010)