View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default teenanger

I have a 15 year old daughter who on April 3rd fell at the playground and hit her head on the ground made of sand. I took her to the ER they told me she was fine no signs of a concussion. No tests ran. nothing. I waited till Monday and called her peditrician and he told me that she needed a CT Scan. It came back clean. Told me to take her home and give her plenty of rest and keep and eye on her. Then the symptoms just progressively worse so I took her back to the doctor and they admitted her into the hospital. She stayed over night and the Neuro came in and told me to take her home give her the ibuprofen(cuz tylenol does nothing for her)plenty of rest no activities for 4 weeks and come see him in 4 weeks. I did that still no improvement. they put her on an anti-depressent which really messed with her.They took her off that and put her on a blood pressure med and told me to take her for her 2nd CT scan and her EEG. That was the beginning of May (one month after incident). Now he has her on the blood pressure medicine and a musclle relaxer to sleep. the moods are still there. some days are worse than others. then she has days where all the symptoms are just like day one. He put back to normal stuff with caution. Any advice if I should get a 2nd opinion or just keep with the doctor I'm with? he is one of the top for children.
expwessions is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (05-17-2010)