View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

expwessions - Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. My daughter is also 15 years old and we are at the 7 month mark. Not to scare you - but we too are still dealing with symptoms - but she is so much better now than the first 3 months.

I concur with PCSLearner - REST and lots of it. Don't push her.

Should you get another opinion? Tough call. In our case, it hasn't been very helpful. They either told us one of two things - give it time - or your daughter has an underlining psychological issues (which she had none prior to her injury). Probably the most useful people that have seen her are our upper cervical chiropractor (www.nucca.com and you can search for one in your area) and the ARNP in the behavioral medicine clinic that my other daughter sees. She the one that helped me get the psychologist and others to see that it was PCS we were dealing with and not other issues. Had my daughter not freaked out at the acupuncturist - I think she too would have been good.

If you are into reading - "Brainlash" is a great book. When researching on the web - I'd recommend searching for information on mTBI or TBI. I found way more information that way than I did just looking for concussion stuff.

If you have questions or need a shoulder or a place to vent, there are lots of supportive people here. Remember, to trust your instincts as her mother. You know your daughter better than anyone else.

Last edited by nancys; 05-18-2010 at 12:15 AM.
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote