View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Expwessions,

So sorry to hear about your daughter, this is no fun. I did have success seeking a second opinion from a neurologist. The second one is wonderful and has helped me quite a bit in different areas (hormones, nutrition, headaches, referrals for other problems). I think he's a rare kind of doctor. I've also recently started seeing an upper cervical chiropracter and it is helping too. I had a terrible first neurologist experience so before I got my second opinion I spent a lot of time researching online doctor rating sites and the different areas of expertise and credentials for the doctors I was considering. I also think I got lucky to find a doc who listens, and cares more about helping me get better than his ego. It is a headache going through all the insurance referral and authorization song and dance. I've really learned from this experience that going to the right doctor is as important as the right type of doctor, it's made all the difference for me and was worth the extra effort.

That said, I'm almost at 8 months so I think some of the improvement is just because time is passing. I'm not all better, but sooo much better than I was at the beginning. It is slow and gradual. I've let a lot of things go so I can rest and heal. From what I understand, resting a lot right after the injury is crucial, and being very slow and careful to resume activities, stopping if anything exacerbates symptoms. This is not the type of injury you can "push through".

Best wishes,

Becca
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote