View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Holy Cow Tam !

I never thought of it that way....that WC could deny us after we compound a cream with our meds. I guess I considered that it would be our own prescribed meds that we would mix in, we'd just be applying it topically instead of by mouth.

I just saw my pain doc today for an EMG and he (his own idea) has prescribed a compounded cream with gabapentin, ketamine, ibuprofen etc. I had been considering ordering some DMSO cream online and crushing a few vicodin and gabapentin in it. The only thing holding me back was the sulfa content in the DMSO because I am allergic to sulfa. I really wanted the DMSO because it's supposed to make the meds absorb deeply.

So, luckily for me....I now have a compounded cream coming, BUT I never thought of WC holding that against us ! I do now get their point......I can see why they would frown on playing with narcotics in a general sense.

I just think likening a homemade cream to heroin is ridiculous. We are trying to lessen our pain WITHOUT taking more systemic meds. Can't get high off a cream, can you ?

I'm so sorry this is complicating things for you. Chin up, hon Somehow you will get through this.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote