View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Neuros differ on age

Neuros differ on age as a factor. Yes, it's considered a disease of young adults, but what if a person had undiagnosed MS for 30 years before they finally got an MRI, visual fields, VER, tests by physiatrist, cognitive panel, and all the other thorough workups? I never had an MRI until I was 50. I had many brain scars and problems shown on all other tests, but I'd had symptoms for a long time. My case was made more difficult by the eventual diagnosis of porphyria as another disease present.

Some docs said, rudely "but you're too old!" to have MS. Others said they had dx'd it in people in their 70's. The age thing depends on many other factors. My aunt was not dx'd until her 40's, after many years of symptoms, but she was dead before 50, with paralysis, blindness, inability to speak. So many factors to consider, no wonder neuros are "nuts". And drive us nuts.

As for my aunt, I think she would not have gone that way if she had been on the Swank diet. Her diet was unusually high in fat, saturated. Swank would have said this caused her early decline. He may not have been right in every case of MS, but I know that if my MS is related to my aunt's, that is, the same type, the Swank diet is NECESSARY for me. Saturated fat kills those with our type of MS.

I was a patient and test subject for Dr. Swank. Not all respond to his diet.
Some find it, as I said, NECESSARY to survival.

Mariel
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote