View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Glad to hear the family had a nice evening out and J had a great B-day! You're quite the Mom - choosing something J wanted just so she could have a taste.

Cara, you're not alone in feeling "disappointed" in restaurant food. Even NGF Peg feels that way many times. After being GF for almost 5 years [ OMGosh time flies], we have gotten pretty good at cooking [Peg was no slouch before, she's been doing since the age of 10 or 12]. To the point where we prefer our own cooking over most restaurants.

However, it's nice to have the ability to order food "like everyone else". What you sacrifice in quality, you make up for in convenience.

Last night must've been the night for beer. I had a Redbridge with my Chebe pizza. Sadly I have 1 bottle of RB left. It's starting to grow on me.

On a related note - I'll let y'all know how a GF meal is at Lombardi's Steakhouse. It's not a GF place by any means, but Peg is having a work related dinner there . I sent of an email to ask about their ability to accommodate my dietary requirements. Here's their impressive response I got this morning...

Quote:
Hi,
We gladly accomadate special dietary requirements of all sorts. Gluten free is no problem.

You will want to avoid items on our "Winter specials" section.

The "steaks and chops" section is safe, with the exception of the blue cheese crust for the stuffed tenderloin. All sauces for that section are served on the side, although you will want to remind your server just to be safe.

Avoid the roasted half chicken in the "Entree specials" section. We use a toasted bread crumb topping.

The scallops or the shrimp cocktail are ok as an appetizer. Avoid everything else in that section.

Under salads and soups, the french onion without the crouton would be allright, avoid the potato and the bean soup. The salads are fine and we do offer several good vinaigrettes that will work for you.

Avoid everything in the "bar food" section.

The sides are self explanitory, avoid the beer jacketed sweet potato.

If you will kindly inform your server or make prior arrangements we will make sure all preparation for your meal are done on equipment that has been thouroughly clean to avoid any gluten contamination.

If you have any questions or if there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thanks,
Chef Matthew
Executive Chef
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
333 west College Ave.
Appleton WI 54911
How cool is this - I don't even work there and Peg's work is allowing me to select where they go. I guess membership does have it's privileges Now, I just have to figure out how to bring up [or say] Dr. H's name to the Neuro Peg works with Hehehehee

“We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa
aklap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote