View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 02:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, I am new to this site. I've been diagnose with CRPS for 4 years, but I think I've had it longer. It's primary focus is my right hand, but it really starts in my right eye and ends at the bottom of my right foot. So, I have tried a few 'fashion statements' for helping this disorder, too, and I appreciate this question. There are so many good ideas posted already. But, I haven't seen this one: I often wear a large scarf, like pashmini, or cotton, depending on the weather. I can't tolerate even a breeze on my arm, so I will take the scarf, use it as a shawl, and drape it over my arm, when I need extra protection, or my arm is cold. I can also 'loop' the shawl around so that I can prop my arm when it gets really tired. I have found this to be very helpful.
The other ideas mentioned are ones I use, too: TENS unit, adhesive heat pads, hot water bottles, capri yoga pants, shirts with sleeves that are not too tight or too loose, and I also layer my clothing because I can't regulate my heat, either. It is very important to move, too little or too much moving brings on more pain. I dress so I can move.
Thank you for all the good ideas that I've read.
Enna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (09-12-2010), sukadog (05-19-2010), Winter7 (10-17-2014)