View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 02:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanna View Post
Hi all. My husband suffers from CRPS. He was diagnosed in early 2009. He's been taking Lyrica for a little while now and unfortunately one of the side effects of blurry vision got worse and worse until the pain doc decided to lower the dosage. My husband's been taking the lower dosage of Lyrica for several weeks but the blurry vision problem hasn't really improved. He will visit the doctor end of this week.

I'm wondering if not Lyrica, what else is out there on the market that is similar to Lyrica? What could he take if he dropped Lyrica?

Thanks so much!
Hi,

I took Lyrica, too, and had the same problem: blurry vision. I quit taking it and went on Cymbalta and Topomax. Topomax is in the same line as Lyrica. It's an anti-convulsant. I probably spelled that wrong. Cymbalta, on the other hand, is an antidepressant. It's in a bit different class than the typical SSRIs. It's more like Effexor in that it works on the serritonin and also norepinephrine. I believe it's considered a bit more 'heavy duty'. It is used for neuropathic pain. This has been helpful, but the helpfulness is wearing down. So, either I have become tolerant and need to adjust or do something else. But in any case, if your husband's doctor is good, that doctor should have a large tool kit of alternatives to offer to your husband so he can make an informed decision of the next step, and there are more options available to him. Good Luck.
Enna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote