Thread: Last One!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 02:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdrea83 View Post
So I have one more speech to give... thank god its the last! Its a persuasive speech, so I'm going with something along the lines that Doctors need to believe in "invisible disorders".., or something along those lines...

I have to do it on the 15th, so I'll be using the answers that are posted through like the 13th.... and everything will be anonymous

I have a few more questions if you all wouldn't be sooooooo kindly to answer so I can make some statistics/charts... all that fun stuff! Thanks guys!!!!
(o ya, last speech, i left out that I had rsd till I was done and answering questions... they were all like and i ended up spending just as much time giving them answers to questions as I did in my speech)

1. How long did it take to get a dx? how many docs?
Not sure how long I had it, but if I take it from the carpal tunnel surgery: 15 months, 4 doctors.
2. have you ever been denied treatment?
No

3. Been told its in your head/making it up... etc? by family, friends or doctors?
Family / Friends: Not outloud, but felt it. Doctors, no

4. Been called a drug seeker/addict?
No

5. Not been believed at the ER?
-left the ER in more pain then when you arrived?
Never went to the ER, went to a clinic where they had 5 doctors working on me (guess I counted that as 1 above) and no one could figure out why my hand was dark blue.

6. Felt you were alone at least once since getting the dx?
YES!. Very alone.
Enna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote