View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentgamer View Post
I forgot to add that having partitions is a good thing. If he made the partition big enough you can save all your photo's, music, or any information you want to keep that could be potentially lost if you lose drive c from virus etc.

The reason is that the c drive is the only drive affected when windows crashes, or a virus, or corrupted file etc. The only thing that would cause you to lose the information on the other partitions is if the hard drive does go out. So even though you have these things saved there it is still a good idea to back up anything you want to save, but it will be safe there as long s the hard drive works.
Hi.

Okay, let me begin with THANK YOU!!!
Lots of info. Didn't understand most of it.
BUT....lots of info. lol

Now, I clicked on the link you gave me (for the media player).

I can't find where I'm supposed to download the media player.

There is so much info on that website, exactly WHAT am I supposed to download.

So if you could just be a bit more specific, let's say, "melody, go to that site, you'll this this link....blah blah blah, just click on it, and follow download instructions'. that much I CAN follow".

And you want to hear something funny?

The people around the corner and next door to me, think I'm a computer genius. When their stuff acts up, I get a phone call, I rush over there, (this happened last night). No computer, no electric, no nothing. I simply walked over to the extension cord with the 5 outlets, I reset the button, I turned on the computer AND MOSES PARTED THE RED SEA.

You should have seen them whooping and hollering as if I did something INTELLIGENT. I looked at them, laughed and said "don't give me any credit for this, I just re-set your surge thing". They didn't care.

Then they said "we got mom the Jitterbug, how do we use this'.

I saw the new Red Jitterbug phone, and said 'oh wow, I always wanted to know how this gizmo works", only we don't even know your phone number".

So I turn it on, I look at the accompanying paperwork, I look at the box it came in, no phone number.

I call the customer care number and the guy says 'Hi this is Mitchell, how may I help you with your Jitterbug today"? and I said 'how do we find what the phone number is?" and Mitchell goes

"Open the phone, and I said 'yeah, it's opened". He said "look at the screen", and I said 'yeah, I'm looking at the screen". He said

"IT'S THE FIRST NUMBER RIGHT ON TOP, IT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE WHEN SHE OPENS THE PHONE".

I burst out laughing and pointed to her phone number (she's 78) and she needed her first cell phone to be easy and A LOUD VOLUME RINGER.

So I thank MItchell, hang up, and now we test the ringer.

She could NOT hear it. I phone back the guy, and I follow simple instructions and we set the volume on MAX, and BAM, she can hear it.

So if anyone is interested in getting a JITTERBUG,

THIS I CAN HELP YOU WITH.

lol

Now, Allentgamer, if you could be so kind and to help me out with what I am downloading from that site,

I SHALL BESTOW THOUSANDS OF BLESSINGS UPON YOU.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY AVATAR DVD.

lol

Melody
P.S. Thanks ever so much

Melody, (the new Jitterbug expert)

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote