Thread: Migration??
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Hi Barb

.....well, there are several factors to consider... Is this Dr credentialled to do the Laminectomy (Paddle Leads) or did she do the simpler "percutaneous lead" implant? And how long ago did she quit doing these?

If the procedure is done properly and the patient follows the post op restrictions, lead migration shouldn't be a big concern. My guess is, she only is able to do the percutaneous leads, which do have a tendancy to migrate more easily IF the patient tries to be too active following the procedure.

Part of her being so 'vague' may have something to do with her relationship with the vendor providing the stimulators.......there MUST be a good solid communication base between the performing physician, the Representative from the company rendering the device and the patient.......
Programming the device correctly is almost as important as proper lead placement, but without good communication from the patient, the teamanship required for successful outcome would certainly lean toward a higher percentile of 'failures'.....

Simply stated.....if you feel ANY red flags, there is probably good reason.

Good Luck
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-21-2010)