View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Spinal Stimulator Help

Hi,

My name is Ron and I am looking for some help. I recently had a Spinal Stimluator installed by a Neurosurgeon in the Midwest. Phase 2 was done about 2 weeks ago. After putting in the leads along my spine for the trial, I had the worst leg pain imaginable. They gave me all kinds of meds through the IV, but nothing seemed to help. The surgeon sent me home with all this pain. I have been in chronic pain for several years due to a failed four level lumbar fusion. The leg pain I was experiening was much worse than the back pain. I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same type of leg pain after phase one. As of now, the leg pain has subsided and is worse in the AM. I can tell that the stimulator is helping my back pain, but also realize the I am going to need other pain meds. I currently am on Vicodin 10/325 which does not help. I know that I have to go to the pain doctor, but I was wondering if someone could tell me the medicine that has helped them. It would be a starting point for me. I am thanking you in advance for you help.

Also, is there anything in the future that I need to be aware of. We have a motorhome and enjoy traveling. Will the stimulator have an effect on this?

Thanks again

Ron [/FONT]
RonA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote