Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New member

I became a new member by replying to another post but I am not sure it was read and realize I should have posted a new thread.

I am 66 yrs. old and diagnosed with MG in Dec. 2008 and was started on mestinon and prednisone. I have expierenced every condition this desease has to offer. In Feb. 2009 I recieved my first 5 IGIVs and have been getting 2 infusions a month since then. I was also put on Cellcept at the same time.

I am very fortunate that my condition has improved. Starting around the start of this year. My double vision is gone along with the problems I had with swallowing and chewing. My strength has improved and my breathing is pretty stable. I still have days with very little energy and my strength and breathing is nothing like before I got sick. Only the pain has gotten worse.

My reply was to a member that was getting IGIVs weekly. (REZMOMMY)
I was wondering how long she was getting the infusions? My neuro has told me that eventually me he may spread out my infusions but not indicated when and if they will end.

I do not know if my improvement is the result of the infusions, the cellcept, or both. Maybe neither?

I have read posts about other sufferers getting IGIVs but none about about how long they have been getting them and I'm wondering if members could give me some input about how long they have been getting infusions.

Thanking you all in advance, Tony
scrubbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote