Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Tony,
I've been getting IVIG's since November 2005. The spacing between my IVIG's has varied according to how good or how bad my MG has been. I started off getting them once every two weeks and was able to space them out to once every 6 weeks. I was able to do that for a couple of years then for some reason I had a pretty bad MG relapse in April 2009 so I went back to getting them once every two weeks again. I have slowly worked my way up to spacing them to once every 4 weeks now and am planning on spacing them further to once every 5 weeks when I see my Neuro in June. We'll keep spacing them out further and further as I can. Originally, my goal was to be able to space them out to every 3 months but that never happened.

I am on Mestinon, Cellcept and IVIG for MG treatment. As you know MG affects everyone differently, so I am sure that you will get different answers according to how each individual person responds to treatment. Then again, that is probably why you asked the question in the first place.

I am glad that your treatment plan is working for you thusfar and pray that you'll be able to space them out further as you go along. It just all depends on what your body tells you. I pray that you continue to improve.

Oh, and welcome to our MG Family. We are glad that you found us

Blessings,
Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote