View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sos51 View Post
I had a new cervical MRI on Monday, and got an almost panicked call from my doctor, who wants me to see a surgeon immediately.. Spondylosis, compressions, etc., etc. Have had these for 5 years.
However, got RSD in my hands and arms as a result of Botox injections in my neck and shoulders. I have had two surgical consults, both of which said I am not a good candidate for surgery -- but did not say why. I suspect both were terrified. And my rheum. has said that surgery on a person with RSD is not a good idea. What's the real story on this? Anybody know.
I suspect that whatever anyone says, I'm not gonna do it, as every single doctor and hospital I've been involved with has made me worse in some way -- sepsis, pleural effusions, aforementioned Botox, misdiagnosis of RA, prescribing prednisone, which rheum. is STILL trying to wean me off of. oh, and add adrenal insufficiency to the list. RSD is now moving into upper arms, shoulders, and across chest. Can anybody help?
Hi there, I saw your post on the surgery question. I have not been on here for quite a while and just rejoined, But I also have a herniated disc w/compression on the nerve in neck for years and they have mention the same that I need surgery. But, Since having RSD since 1996 and having some ovary surgery and leg surgery prior and the residual I did get in those areas with RSD like symptons I would never do my neck now out of fear! Hope you do not go ahead unless absoulutely have too. Good luck. My prayers are with you.
jocos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote