View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Debra, I can't say that I'm surprised.

Your doctors have dropped the ball in a HUGE way. Post-crisis doctoring is a must. And with MG, any of the 640 skeletal muscles can get worse, not only the breathing muscles. If you get worse, go back to the ER right away.

You have some responsibility too, not just the doctors. You have to stop doing things, like going out. You have to basically do very little or risk going into a crisis again. Physical therapy was not a good thing to do right now. And you need to go back in if you are worse.

You barely have a diagnosis, just had a crisis and your doctor is out of town. Or is he back? Call their office tomorrow and say that you absolutely need to be seen BY ANYONE tomorrow to discuss all of this. Doctors are notoriously bad at giving more than the basics of what to do. If you can't get help there, go to urgent care or the ER.

You need answers. That tongue thing is classic MG. If I talk to much, my tongue will even cramp up.

Warning signs for MG are breathing getting suddenly worse or so bad that you can't take a breath in or out or both; inability to swallow; inability to use any muscle at all or a generalized weakening (like not being able to lift your leg off of the couch).

The problem is that so many people don't know a lot about MG and don't know how to advise you!!! So trust your instincts and if you get worse, go back in.

I hope you will feel better.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 05-18-2010 at 10:11 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (05-19-2010)