View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi All,

I went to see my Dr. today and I got to read the letter that has been sent to my insurance company by Kathy at the VNS company and my Dr. He wrote to her and sent her all my info and she compiled it in a letter stating why I should have the VNS. It was a very nice letter.

She told how I had tried every med out there and couldn't deal with the side effects and how I followed through with councelling for 8 years faithfully and how I had spent time in a mental institution signing myself in only to get thrown out because I couldn't take the meds after only 3 days.

She told how it cost 42000. a year to take care of patients in my shape and also about my cronic pain and that I was on Methadone for it and followed Drs. orders to the letter to try and help myself in every way.

It made me proud to read it. My Dr. says I am still in for a long haul with the insurance company though. They will most likely fight me for months but that's ok, at least I know I have a chance of getting it in the end.

It's hard to deal with the depression and it has gotten worse since losing bill. I honestly believe though that this is my only chance of seeing some improvement but I know also not to believe that it will work for sure. My Dr. is preparing me for anything that I might run up on mentally.

I just wanted to share my good news. It might not happen but I'm hopeful.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote