View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 11:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you mrsD...

I've been on 240mg caps of 'diltiazam' daily since Feb. 27, 2010.
I started 2000 I.U. of vitamin D early in Feb when Endrochronolagist suggested it, and went to 4000 I.U. a couple of weeks ago.

I quit taking calcium long ago...I thought since I'm a daily milk & cheese person I didn't need more constipation problems. I have to do extra prunes daily now. Don't know if stool softener will mix with all my meds.???

This crazy mess really started last May '09. My atrial fibrillation started occurring too often & I decided it was time to have it checked. I hadn't been taking anything for years...many years had taken ace inhibitors, then calcium channel blockers in the 90's, decided I didn't think I needed them any more, I griped a lot, and my Dr. said I could quit---So, I did!

My burning cramping legs started in Dec. '09

When my afib went 'bonkers' in Jan, after 2 ER visits, and they had to stop my heart twice trying to get 'sinus', I ended up on diltiazam. They decided it was the Levothyroxine (synthroid) 125 mg that was causing my grief, so they monthly tested and decreased me down to 75mg now(+ 240mg diltiazam + Gabapentin 100mg each morning & evening + warfarin (coumadin) 5 MG daily except Wed & Fri take 7 1/2 MG + 1000mg fish oil + 4000 I.U. vitamin D).

Since May 13, starting the anti-viral (valacyclovir 1 GM, 3 X a day for 7 days) I have felt the burning, pin & needles & 'electric pepper' STRONGER again. It is so depressing & frustrating to feel like a 'guinea pig'.....
Grannygrits is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-19-2010)