View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 01:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default trouble swallowing (please describe?)

Hi, everyone. I think I have a new symptom. Last night after I went to bed I had trouble swallowing. But I'm wondering whether I imagined it, or just psychologically messed myself up or it was a fluke or something. So could those of you who have experienced this symptom tell me if it's like this? It just took me three or four tries to swallow at all, as if my body wasn't responding to the commands my mind was sending it. I felt like the muscles that weren't working were the ones between the back of my throat and my nose--not the ones further down towards my neck. Does that make sense? Do we even have muscles there? Nothing like a weird disease to make you aware of your body...

I've been in the habit of not taking Mestinon after 5:00 p.m. or so, because it didn't really matter if I got weak at night--I was just going to bed anyhow. If this happens to me again, I'll take another pill before I go to bed, and I know there's a timespan version I could also take if this becomes bothersome in the middle of the night.

Also, can anyone tell me if I'm right to think that as long as I'm not choking, this isn't any sort of emergency symptom--that it can wait until I see the doctor in a week or so? Anything else I need to know? I appreciate all of you helpful and compassionate people.

Thanks. I hope you guys are having a good day.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote