View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

They did the "PT" thing with me too, though not at home. I realize that they want to keep your muscles from atrophying but the bigger issue is keeping you from another crisis. If doing PT is making you worse, which it would since MG gets worse upon exertion, then you need to tell your neuro that. Not moving around can lead to atrophy, sore muscles from lying on them too much, atelectasis or a blood clot but you are in a recovery period right now. There are things you can do like move your legs and arms or go for short walks, all by yourself. Or use your incentive spirometer a couple of times a day (once each time) or whatever the doctor and you decide. When someone comes to your house, there is the inevitable talking. Some doctors do not get how even a little talking can tank both your swallowing and breathing muscles.

Try sipping on some cold water in between bites of food too. Did they say to take calcium with vitamin D while on Pred? Flax or fish oil?

Doctors can only do so much. I'm glad you are trying to learn more about MG and what you need to do to manage it. It will probably take you a while to figure it all out. So go easy on yourself and your doctors. Work with them to find out what works for you. And, BTW, going up to 40 mg. is a pretty big jump in Pred since you were on a taper.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote