View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 07:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyhay View Post
Thanx to the bulging discs in my neck, I've a pinched nerve in my left shoulder. For the last two days, I've had major muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders. It's a struggle to lie down in bed, and darn near impossible to get up. I hate to sleep on my back, but it's the most comfortable position right now.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, I'm sitting at 7.5, maybe 8.

I'm calling for an appointment first thing tomorrow morning. I've done PT, for over a year, and I hate taking meds all the time.

I'm going to explore other venues, including surgery. I've got to do something here.
Have they tried cortisone shots into the worst areas of the neck? If not, I'd recommend trying the shots in conjunction with pt and acupuncture. I had really bad neck problems for a few years even while doing PT, massage and chiropractor during this entire time. I even called the neurosurgeon to schedule surgery but decided to wait a bit longer. I sounded like you when I finally called but I'd describe the pain at a 9-10. I lost 10 pounds in that 2 weeks of hell. I ended up finding a new physiatrist who tried cortisone shots into the discs in the neck. Great decision as I've avoided surgery so far. I know I need the surgery but can manage the symptoms right now with my naturopath and occasional pain meds.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote