View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default People who improve

Your post raises an interesting question - would like to know your thoughts....

If a person who is diagnosed with PD intervenes on their own behalf and takes something - medication, supplement, whatever, and IMPROVES while taking it (by this I do not mean gains symptomatic relief, I mean an active improvement over time) are they then seen not to actually have had PD in the first place, because the neurons are supposed to be dead and it is not possible to reactivate them?? Thus creating a sub group of people WITH PD symptoms, but who would not get included in studies......

So this brings other questions - such as does anybody actually look at this group of people, to see what makes them different, or do they get chucked into a different medical bin?; if they don't and they retain their PD dx then is anyone seriously studying the possibility that neurons may not be dead, but could be dormant, dysfunctional, deactivated AND looking at people who have borderline dx's?; could this change the definition of PD?; Does anyone know anecdotally or otherwise of anyone whose PD has been 'cured', 'got better', or whose symptoms reduced or disappeared...... and please rap me on the knuckles if these are questions that I should not raise.... it seems a party line that nobody does....

Despite the supposed 80% neuronal loss ...... Obviously I am not expecting definitive answers, just ideas from the white rats themselves, rather than their observers! And because there is such a range in the way people are affected, and that some do not seem to progress very much at all......

The blueberries sound good all round, certainly taste great and yes, I am one of the ones who drink Ribena! But alas, I do not see any improvement no matter what I do, - questions are abstract and not personal!
Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote