View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 03:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Mari!
I will get the book ASAP! Looking forward to reading it.
I will be more careful.

Hugs

Sharla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi,

Be careful of your head!

Perhaps you are in a place you did not grow up. You are not accustomed to the ways people get around in the big city.
Maybe stay away from people as much as possible until your learn cues better.

I thought that people on the trains often try to ignore other people as much as possible. For example, they don't make eye contact, . .

I suspect this it not true of everyone.

I would have left that woman alone because I feel vulnerable and anxious to start with. I don't have enough energy to deal with strangers. Maybe you are in a similar way right now. In that case, save your emotional energy.

Also, I really really hate when a stranger says something helpful or nice to me. I look at them weird, mumble and move on. I don't want to engage with people. I'm not a weirdo -- I'm not. But I'm having a hard day and I don't want any interaction. Other people I suspect also do not want a complete stranger talking to them. Try leaving people completely a lone for a few weeks and see if things are better.

Do you have any one (female) who can travel with you on a train and give you feedback about how you are sending out signals?

Here is a good book about following your instincts, staying in close touch with yourself:
The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
http://www.oprah.com/relationships/T...Save-Your-Life

M.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-20-2010), Mari (05-20-2010)