View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

A concussion chemically alters your brain. It makes sense to me that "mind" medications would not be as effective if your brain chemistry is different. I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor. The best things for a brain recovering from a concussion is rest, no stress or stimulation. Taking your Adderall might be counter productive. I was also told that the side effects from medications could be worse if you have a concussion.

All the things you describe with attention/focus issues, anxiety & panic attacks, headaches, fatigue, light sensitivity are probably due to your concussion. My daughter suffered from most of these after her concussion. The first 3 months were the worst and then she slowly started to improve. The 6 month mark seemed to be a big turning point.

Do you think you fully recovered from the concussion you experienced in August? The reason I ask is that I wonder if you the ADD symptoms you were experiencing prior to this concussion where related to your previous concussions or truly ADD. Through out my daughter's experience, she exhibited ADD type behaviors that she never experienced before her injury - basically concussion induced ADD. As she has improved, they too have gotten better.
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote