View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, yes and no... I've been looking up and reading research papers and articles on concussions, treatment, theory, etc, and aside from the evidence that TREATMENT with meds is unreliable and spotty I have found nothing to substantiate an assumption that it significantly alters the brain on a neurochemical level as it pertains to medication administration... but right - the logic is clearly there, I agree.

Well... omitting stress is pretty much impossible right now. So, that's out. I have dropped my hours at work, however (due to panic attacks, mostly). I went to urgent care after the accident and the doctor there said it was fine to continue taking medication as long as they weren't NSAIDS or narcotic pain killers that could mask critical symptoms.

All that stuff is stuff that's been problematic since my early teens. Err.. not everything. Insomnia has been around a long time, ADD symptoms have been around a long time (I just feel like it's a lot worse now) - this is just the first time I've been medicated for it. Depression and anxiety and panic started rearing it's ugly head when I was 22 or 23 (I'll be 27 in a couple months). It's really hard to say what is or isnt related to this or that.

What happened last summer didnt leave any changes in mood or processing or personality or anything at all beyond the night it happened. I probably had a headache, but that was it.

The only symptoms I'm certain about are the light sensitivity, the headaches, and meds not working (and consequently the not focusing, easily distracted, can't stay on task stuff is flaring up - worse than before? dunno). I am not sleeping much... a few hours a day... but I wasn't sleeping much better before the accident - the only difference I'm noticing is that I seem to be tolerating the deprivation more than I typically do (I worked overnights until recently - only for about 6-8 months - and have had a hard time acclimating). Normally, after about 4 days of such few hrs of sleep I'd start getting cranky and miserable, and crash... now I just keep going... keep going and get nothing done.
twenty6colors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote