View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb View Post
Hi All,
I am wondering whether or not my RSD has spread to my neck, shoulder, back and head. I had a car accident last June and suffered neck sprain. I had physical therapy for months with some relief. However, i alway had the tight shoulder and back with burning pain. Last November, i had a biopsy in my neck. By end of december, i had constant burning pain my the back of my head, spread to the side of my head. Now the whole back of my head hurt. I am wonder whether or not i have RSD spread to my neck, shoulder, back and head due to constant burning pain that i have.
My question is how to diagnose this? Is it the SGB?
Any feedback is appreciated.
Hi numb,
I am so sorry you are going thru this pain and suffering. You'll find much helpful and comforting information here along with tons of educated information. Most of us that have RSD have had spread. Mine started 15 years ago and has been full body or generalized last 6 years. The head pain is very difficult to deal with, but typical of upper body RSD. I also have Trigeminal Nerve Disorder since RSD. There is a separate place on the forum for that. Like was mentioned the burning pain is sure sign. Please get a Dr. with experience. I did a lot of physical therapy, warm water pool therapy, massage therapy, I'm talking maybe 150 each. But I am mobile in all my limbs with the exception of left had-frozen like a claw-misdiagnosed and got into therapy too late. Water needs to be 86 degrees according to RSDSA.
A lot of information on that site as well as rsdrx.com puzzles list.
Support groups are helpful. RSDSA has a place to put your zip code in and they will give you closest group with phone number and name.
Please get a Dr. who has lots of experience and do tons of research if any procedure is encouraged. We are all different. Some get worse and spread and some don't. Any surgery or even needle,blood draw has risks.
Take care, one of your new friends.loretta Hope you have a good attorney with knowledge as there is no cure for RSD and the expense adds up. I personally would think about leaving that open for the insurance company. Many of us can no longer work as the disorder progresses and spreads. Not trying to be negative, but be smart. big hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote