View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock1 View Post
Thanks Wilbyfree,

Yes, I'm taking anxiety meds. That is the reason for hematidrosis. It's just that it's a kind of anxiety on a whole different level than what we usually get. If everything goes right, I know when it's heading there and I take the meds fast, along with extra break through pain meds. Scares the living daylights out of me.

I do all the other stuff too; meditation, artistic outlets, biofeedback, etc. but nothing works as well as the combination of meds they have me use to knock it down.

I don't mean to alarm anyone else that is courageously fighting the good fight. It's extreeeeeeemly rare. 99.9% of us will never experience this phenomenon. At least that's what the docs say.

Jet
Hi Jet, I'm so sorry you have gone thru this. Must have been so scary.
Yes, I have heard of this condition. It is when a person is in extreme stress.
Biofeedback and meditation, visualization are wonderful tools to use. My Dr. a
Neurologist, Phychiatrist, and Pharmacologist says the anxiety meds are as important or more so as pain meds. They will bring the pain down.
Anxiety is a big part of this disorder. It has to do with the Limbic System in the Brain. Before I knew I had RSD, Had panic disorders for first time in life and couldn't figure what was going on.
That plane still looks a lot like the one my son in law flies. I hope for calmness and peace for you. Your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (08-06-2016)