View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I'm taking calcium, D3, and fish oil.

Went to neuro finally. . .Pt is out for now. He is really starting over with my case since this is the first he has seen of me. He says I am very complicated with all the vestiblular issues and now the medications kicking up a bunch of issues, very tricky. So he wants to think on it a lot. My weakness is more asymmetrical so that is throwing him off too but my migraines, Meniere's Disease, and adenomyosis also were not caught by docs because they presented outside the norm. sigh. . .

I got totally motion sick in the car and I walked like I was drunk and with Parkinson's Disease or something and with no balance whatsoever. He said my walk wasn't very mg but I told him it was not how I normally walk and I think it was the drive and my Meniere's Disease issues. So that was a mess.

But in the meantime, he wants to run more bloodwork in that mestinon is not totally specific for just this neuromuscular disease but many and he wants to do an EMG on my face, neck, and shoulder and a repetitive stimulation test that for some reason was not done the first time when I had my EMG. This does not sound fun, especially since he wants me off mestinon 24 hours but will take 12 hours and I have NO idea what effect that is going to have on me. He did not say I need to be off the pred for the test so breathing/swallowing should be okay, right?

He is reducing the pred to 30mg today as he thinks I'll be okay on it since it worked in the hospital and I'm having issues he thinks may be caused by the pred and he changed the mestinon to 60mg 4xday to make it a bit easier on me.

He will send me to UCSD for a sfemg if he learns nothing from all of this other stuff. . .

debra
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote