View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 10:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown New to all this - need support

Hi,
I'm a 39 year old female. Prior to about 1 1/2 years ago I was an avid jogger, biker, dog walker, etc. I started noticing weakness in my arms and legs that would come and go, but sometimes it was bad enough that I couldn't hold a coffee cup or hold boxes or hold my dog's leash. I started getting a workup this past October, and had the office one-hour checkup with the Neurology clinic. He noticed nothing abnormal. Had a brain MRI - normal. Then lab tests came back with everything normal except my ACHR Binding AB, stated as being "equivocal". It was .33. Doctor said that is in the grey area, and is sending the blood tests to Mayo Clinic to further interpret. In the meantime, I am having an EMG with the shocky-things and the needle things next week. I am very, very frightened about all of this. He says it seems like MG, but I don't have any ocular problems, facial, swallowing problems, etc. I wonder if any of you could tell me what symptoms you started out with, how old you were, what your tests were like, and what life is like now. Oh - and a CT of the chest for this thymus gland thing - scary!
Thanks.
Laurie
prokoff30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote