View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
When I come in here to whine, vent or otherwise express my displeasure at having this condition....

I expect a hug, too....and a kick in the butt, as well.

This is a wretched disease for all its prevalence, is totally shoved under the rug. I would think for all the misery it causes, it would be heavily researched.

Alas, we are left to our own devices....such as kicks in the behind.
Hi Cyclelops,
I think I needed the kick you gave me the other day when you replied to me on the Sjogrens thread. You said I might never know what is causing my SFN. As a nurse that is difficult to except. I live my life working with cause and effect. But I am working on the acceptancepart.
I am waiting on the labs for the Sjogrens but in the meantime had a discussion with my husband last night. We decided not Jump on the band wagon unless the results from the testing are absolute.
Do you also have RA symptoms with your SFN? I am beginning to.
You are right no one understands what this is like. I was whining to my husband last night. Every now and then I lose it but I think I do pretty good.
Mrs. D is definitely right. We need to distract ourself from our pain. I work full time. No longer in hosptial but I am so happy to have my job. Yes I am exhausted by 3. I go home maybe do some laundry or something but I'm not really good after that. While I am in work. I don't think to much about the pain. Only a few select people in work know I have SFN. I do everything I can not to complain to them.
I have my kids and a 1 year old granddaughter. Talk about a distraction my husband says he never sees me happier than when she is around. Trying to keep up with a baby will distract you.

Thanks for the advise,
Thanks to everyone on this site. I don't write much but I read everyday. As I'm sure you all know it really helps to know you are not the only one and there is somewhere to turn.
Hopeful
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-21-2010)