Thread: Migration??
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default I am mindful of this for sure

Thank you for posting on this topic. It should be a point of information for all and anyone who consider the SCS procedure. While I have only been through the Trial, and successfully so, I have already visited with the surgeon who will perform the permanent implant, and this was among the questions my wife and I asked. He said the manner of his insertion produces a pretty secure environment for it to lay, and he is top notch in our part of the country. He comes highly recommended.

Since we see him again next Friday to discuss setting the surgery date for the permanent implant, we will bring up the question of security of the battery implant. I know our bodies are not always cooperative. When they input the leads for my Trial, each of them bowed a bit at the topmost point as though they hit an obstacle. It gave me kind of a tuning fork appearance to the upper extremity of the lead implant, and the rep said it would affect performance of the leads. Even so, I WAS SO PLEASED AND HELPED WITH THE TRIAL that I have a hard time keeping my feet on the floor.

I hope and pray you are able to get satisfaction in your situation,
Pain sucks, it really does,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (05-23-2010)