Thread: Sick again
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Annie, you are right and I am feeling guilty . I have been busy lately, but that is no excuse!

Tyson, I worry about you! It does sound like you may have allergies. I have allergies and have to keep a close watch on the status of my nose and skin (I get itchy with allergies, not just sinus problems) . I don't get sinus infections now because I have learned to prevent them.

This may sound like a repetition of previous discussions, but the sinus problems could be from being overmedicated. My allergies flare up with antibiotics and all sorts of medication, so I try to avoid drugs as much as possible. At one time I was stuck in a cycle of infection leading to antibiotics leading to getting better then getting an even worse infection and on and on.

These are just some of my thoughts that may help....(some of these were recommended by my previous wonderful doctor whom I miss greatly. I sure wish I could find a decent doctor who actually cares. It seems like all the doctors I meet where I live now believe in drugs alone and not the use of food/vitamins to stay healthy. This is my current frustration.) Anyway, here are some thoughts that may help.

-Dry coughs are the worst. You can try some of the nasal spray, the kind without drugs, the kind that is basically salt water, this really helps me.

-I am allergic to Sulfa drugs, please do be careful and watch for signs of allergy. I think having an autoimmune disorder makes it more likely for us to get allergies...

-Vitamin C and Vitamin E really help with allergies and sinus problems. I take these 2-3 times every day if I suspect my allergies are starting. I notice that if I take them consistantly every time I start to get a runny nose or itchy skin then I rarely get a true allergic reaction. These vitamins are good for MG as well.

-Vitamin B-12 does wonders for allergies as well as for energy and seems to help with MG for many people.

-Drink plenty water.

I do think you are overmedicated and this is making your MG worse. Of course this is my opinion and I am not a doctor. Your headaches and other pains are a sign that something is wrong. I hope that by now you are feeling better.

How are you?

Please take care of yourself and get lots of rest.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote