View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default You just have to tilt your head and LOOK at things different?

As Cy so eloquently put it, yes, we MISS who we WERE, but? WE ARE what we are now. If'n it were me? I'd call that last 'found' chick BONUS!
Now, you too have found a truckload of lemons in your front yard! What to do? Make lemon juice! THEN turn it into lemonade or better! Who's got the best apt SAFE sugar substitute of the day? THEN SELL IT!
First off when you get such awfulness, you ask yourself WHY ME? Well? Duh? WHY NOT! It's merely an unscheduled luck of the genetic and physical draw that YOU Got Lucky?
Yes, you have to mourn your past self! If you don't you can't learn to deal with what you have or might have in the future. There is a different future that you can make for yourself!
Yes! You have to fight for good diagnosis and then learn to deal with all the unknowns of even a great diagnosis! Then, get on with your life, allowing yourself some periods of 'grace' but also the butt kicks to yourself when needed!
Do allow that there will be good and not so good days. Also that the not good days always occur when you want to have fun. Also that for perversity's sake you will be having a good day when seeing a doc [durn it!].
Learn and become smarter than your docs! [Tho don't let on rite away? Just ask 'smart-stupid questions!'] Keep them on their toes that they aren't 'Doctor God' and that they are THERE to HELP YOU!!!!!! Make them work at it, challenge them, and you will gain respect!

So for all who have given you on-target and great advice? And for you too! HERE! 's Is that enuf to go around? If not I can click on more! Just wish I had a big dog w/a wet sloppy tongue to slather you all with the best happy dog kisses possible! - Keep faith and hope and heart! Without it we aren't human. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
amit (05-22-2010), BonDon (05-21-2010), lesley21 (05-22-2010), rscowboy2005 (05-22-2010)