View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Thumbs Down Consortium on Risk for Early Onset PD

Any one aware of this NINDS Grant study (known as CORE PD) besides myself? Laura and Carey, do you truly support the selling of confidential, information gathered by non-profit (National Institute of Neurological Diseases) sponsored research to private (National Diagnostics, Inc.), to sell to Pharma Companies to create for profit disease specific treatments to sell to specific disease patients?

Have you read the research sharing verbage on these free grants provided to companies like National Diagnostics, Inc. (for profit)? There are so many exceptions to the free sharing act and the sharing of information is not even considered as a primary requirement in the decision making of who (what private company) gets the grant.

When I became a participent in the above mentioned program, I was assured the genetic information I gave would not be sold to private companies. I am an idiot for buying into the government "Voltaire" philosophy of life. I have ratted out myself and every patient with Parkinson's Disease.
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote