View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I too have been suffering so with constiption, and it surely makes the nausea so much worse. I take Miralax double dose twice a day, ontop of colace 50mg twice a day, and then sometimes will use the glycerin laxative suppository if I reach a almost impacted state. I found the miralax to be quite gentle and is working. I have lost the two pounds I gained, so I must be cleaning out. The GI said my goal is two soft BMs per day, and if I dont get that, UP the dose. If I get diarrhea,back off the dose. He was quite willing to give me amatyza or other interventions, but that stuff is hard on the kidneys, and liver.

Tiny bits at at time, my tummy is doing better, but there is still something wrong with it. I can only eat tiny amounts of food, but thats better than none. I look less pregnant, but still need help to keep things moving. I did try a pediatric dose of reglan, and its working! no tics,or jerks.

btw, be aware, Medicare rules are changing, and IF your main diagnosis is idiopathis gastroparesis, medicare WONT pay anymore. Make sure your ruling dx is MS or something else. The new rules are going to start chopping away at several other things, but I dont want to turn this thread into that. I just wanted to talk about my tummy.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-11-2010), Lady (05-23-2010)