View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 03:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default politicians and disability

I am going to the SS office in a couple days to file for disability. I hope I have sufficient records and documentation. The stack is about 3 inches tall, covering several years. It shows steady decline and increasing problems.

I have noticed that some people say that they got approved once they got a state politician involved.

Since I have not been working, I have called to volunteer for a State Senator whom I really admire. Since I am just now applying, I know that this is not the time to get him involved, but by the time I would get my first denial, he should have met with me several times, and know me a little bit. He does understand the disease I have and commented on how tough life is with it, as he knows someone who has it. This is May, election is in November, so hopeful that if I need him to speak up for me, that it will be before election - in case he gets voted out!

I would like to know more about what type of politician helps - State Senator vs. US Senator for example. Just wondering how people got a politician involved, and when they got the person involved in the process - such as after first denial, right away, or at ALJ stage.

Thanks!
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote