View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, here's the latest on my journey to play my Avatar DVD.

Thinking my dvd lightscribe dvd rom thing might be dirty or dusty, I went to the computer guy but he wasn't there. So I said to myself: 'If they have VCR HEAD CLEANERS, they MUST have dvd rom CLEANERS.

So I went to my local Video Store, telling the guy (who I know for years), I told him my story. He handed me a

JVC DVD lens cleaner (a little round disc thing).

He said "put this in the center of the dvd rom", it will then come up on your screen, you press play, and when you're done, you press close"

I go home, (now remember I uninstalled my VLC media player and now I have NERO which brings everything up but plays jerky, and the sound is not right.

I insert the dvd lens cleaner thing (thinking that it will now come up on my screen). I look at the dvd rom drive and it's doing SOMETHING. The light is on, so it's doing something. But NOTHING is happening on my screen.

I really thought that Nero (being my default media player now), would read the dvd rom drive and bring up the lens cleaner message. No such luck.

I then went to my computer thinking that I would see it in Drive E (where I always see Avatar or any other dvd that I have inserted)

There is nothing showing. It's like my computer does not know that there is anything in the dvd rom drive.

so I said "hm, well, Nero is not reading this cleaner, I'll re-install the VLC thing and that might read the JVC lens cleaner.

So I download the VLC yet again. I see the little icon on my screen.

I insert the dvd cleaner once more. I bring up the VLC media player. I press PLAY, and a little disc kept popping up, BUT NO MESSAGE, NO NOTHING.

So if anyone knows how I can get this little dvd lens cleaner thing to clean my dvd rom I would be very appreciative.

I mean, I spent $7.99 on this stupid thing and my computer doesn't even know it's there?

And I tried to insert it in the other drive, the cd drive. Nothing happened there either.

So what I want to know is why Nero or the VLC is not reading what is in my dvd rom drive????

Thanks.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote