View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Abby, Ditto on all the advice.

I would add that "maintenance is key to MG." I think maintenance is the key to life in general. I have found that a consistent dose amount and schedule is the best way, plus rest, to handle my MG. I have 90 mg. every 3 hours, round the clock. But I can't do the other drugs.

Talking a bunch is a huge trigger for swallowing/bulbar muscles. If you tense up those muscles while sleeping, which I tend to do sometimes, that can make you much worse. Some people with MG tense up their head/neck/jaw/tongue muscles while sleeping and do so for HOURS. Try doing that while you are awake! It'll make you so much worse. That's why some people with MG are weaker in the morning. I love how doctors pooh-pooh that notion. And if you are a "body mover" while sleeping, you'll be even weaker.

Choking is scary. I just had an episode last night and then this afternoon. Sometimes it's like I'm going to cough out my intestines it's such a violent cough/gag. There are these fabulous lemon candies called "College Farm Organic" Luscious Lemon. They are made of organic, simple ingredients and taste like real lemons and not sugar like some lemon drops do. They really help me when I cough/choke due to MG. I don't know why and I don't care! They do the trick. You have to be careful not to swallow them though.

It's pretty much summer, so be careful not to get heated up - not even for a few minutes. I hope you have recovered a bit.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (05-23-2010)