View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine during the past few years. I started ketamine infusions in April, and my RSD is about 90% in remission.

I injured my shoulder, had a few shoulder surgeries, and was diagnosed with RSD. Over time the RSD spread from my shoulder into my neck and the back of my head (the "occipital" region), especially after a series of trigger point injections in the area. My head became by far the most painful of all areas, and I couldn't lie down on it either. It was a nightmare!! I was never diagnosed with TOS, but some of my symptoms in my hands and arms were similiar.

I bought a very firm foam memory pillow that helped quite a bit with my sleep. I still can only sleep on my side. And in addition to the ketamine, I had an occipital block on the right side that helped. But there remains a spot in the back of my head that is very sore and tender that perhaps will always be like that.

Have you tried using Voltaren gel? I smear it on my head on night and it does help. A heating pad around my neck feels good, too.

Good luck to you. XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb View Post
I have RSD symptoms in my hands and arms. No new symptoms in my hands and arms after the auto accident. A young man ran the red travel light and hit me on the side in the intersection. It is a moderate impact. I had MRI done and the result is more or less the same as the previous one done prior the accident. EMG shows no nerve damage. The biopsy in the neck due to cysts. Dr. put five needle sticks in my neck and i am wondering whether it set off RSD in my head and the auto accident set off RSD in my neck, shoulder and back. I had the constant burning pain, muscle tightness all the time. Now my head has the worse pain and i can't really sleep. As i lay down, my head hurt more due to pressure from laying down. I can hardly think and function at work. Besides PT, i have tried chiropractic therapy with massage but w/o help. i tried accupunture which really helped my neck, shoulder and back but not the headache. Still the burning and tightness in my neck, shoulder and back have always returned. Now trying chinese herbal medicine to see whether or not it will reduce my pain.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote