Thread: Hashimotos
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 09:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dead on, again, Dahlek. Edema is pretty hard to ignore when you first see it, and you have none of the common conditions that cause it (congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, etc). Your storm screamed. My storm took the sneaky route. No matter the method the storm chooses, the recipient suffers, big time. My old mantra that a storm is always a storm I had a new GP who did the most basic of thyroid tests, and modestly increased my Synthroid, which was like tossing gasoline on a raging fire. But, the sudden and extreme neuropathy I presented, and the massive weight loss? Come on, some Dr people!

More importantly, thanks for pointing out, again, that Hashimoto's and hypo-thyroid really are two different animals. I really did a mis-service in my initial post.

My Hashimoto's was diagnosed because of autoimmune issues, long before it hit on my thyroid. Unfortunately, it is easier for GPs to lump Hashi and hypo together when the patient does Not have Hashi and the thyroid first is noted with low output I'm starting to think we're a pretty good team, here
5280Katie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (07-01-2010)