View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink update...

I love the Deborah Crombie books. I am reading a second one now.
They have alot of feeling in them.. and are not so "tense" like some mystery thrillers out there
now. Thanks Tessa!

I read Alexander McCall Smith's Blue Shoes and Happiness. And it was good.
Not as good as the earliest ones, but good. It had a fraudulent doctor dispensing fraudulent drugs in it! A new one is coming in the Botswana series this April.
I also started the Sunday Philosophy Club series by McCall Smith. It is very slow moving, but I sort of enjoyed the ethics part of the book. This series gets sour reviews on Amazon, but in fact, it is a different type of book. It may not be for everyone.
It is just very hard for Alexander McCall Smith to follow Precious' adventures!

I also started Shadow of the Wind...Lara. It is a very nice style of writing.
Very initimate! I haven't gotten very far yet. And Robert Graves' daughter is the translator! The Robert Graves who wrote the I, Claudius books?
I loved those BTW.

We also checked out The Forest..but it looks like a long haul with that one!
I am going to have to renew it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote