View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I installed the VLC and didn't need to buy a decoder package.

But right now I have all these players installed LOL -
WMP 11
Real player SP
DivX plus
Best Media player
and VLC -- finally one that works for some reason...

Next I'll have to test more dvds to see if they all play in every player or just the vlc works.
I am inclined to agree with Jo. In my case, I think my dvd rom is dirty or defective. Now he mentioned paying the $14.99 (that's for the decoder that will go with Windows Media Player, right?). Well I downloaded a free codecs decoder and it told me it wasn't compatible. So am I to understand that this $14.99 will be for a compatible decoder for my Windows Media Player?

And if this is so, THEN HOW CAN THIS BE, because I downloaded Nero, it brings up the Video and Audio (exactly the same as VLC because I tried this last night). And other dvds too. They play exactly the same way.

When I insert the dvd, it plays in slow motion and the sound is in slow motion.

If I downloaded the $14.99 decoder thing, this means it will play and sound like a regular dvd is supposed to play?

I mean, if the nero and the vlc has the same results, (do these things have decoders, or when playing these things they DON'T have decoders?).

It's not the $14.99, it's the fact that if I pay $14.99 and download it, and I get the same slowmotion playback and audio, then I will have thrown out $14.99 (just like I did with the $7.99 lens cleaner).

I still wish I could get this lens clearner to be recognized by my system. I tried opening it with VLC, with Nero with anything I could get my hands on.

My system DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT BEING IN DRIVE E.

Now if I pop in Avatar, THERE IT IS ,in drive E.

But not the lens cleaner.

I know, I know. Later on or tomorrow, I'll unplug all of this, I'll get Alan to put it in my shopping cart, and I'll lug it over to the computer guy.

BUT BEFORE I DO THIS, I'm going to try and borrow his can of air.

I never thought I would ever be saying this.

I'M GOING TO BORROW SOMEONE'S CAN OF AIR!!

lol lol lol

Melody

UPDATE UPDATE

computer guy is closed on Sunday. I went back to the place where I bought the dvd lens cleaner. When I described that all my dvds play and sound like they are in slow motion, one of the people there said "That sounds like your dvd rom drive speed thing is screwed up.

Hey, I might be on to something. So before I go carrying this thing into the computer guy, I'm going to go and see what they say on the internet about dvd rom speed stuff.

Don't know if I'll find something, but I'll try.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 05-23-2010 at 11:46 AM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (05-23-2010)