View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Ok the very first dvds I tried to play at the beginning of all this- still don't work.

I got a few from the library to try.
the first one is very scratched up and didn't play on WMP 11 - the copyright message comes up.

but it does play on VLC!
Okay, here's what I just did. I went to Microsoft XP help (it seems that they have this software that once you type in what problem you have, they run a scan, they detect the problem, and then you click on FIX IT, or I'LL FIX IT, (guess which one I tried)? lol

So it said it detected something. (I was prompted to put in a readable dvd), so I put in the Disney one. It said "unable to read cd writer), or whatever it said.

Dring this whole fix it thing, they tell you to insert a dvd, and then they scan the drive. It said it found a problem, and then it fixed it indicating "problem solved". Then you are told to try and play the dvd and you are still having problems, you write a note and then you click on submit.

Want to know what happened after they FIXED IT?

Still played in slow motion.

So I'm just curious. If I paid the $14.99 and download the correct codec thing, why would that fix it. If it doesn't play right in Nero, and it doesn't play right in VLC, why on earth would it play right because I downloaded something for $14.99?

See my dilemma? I mean, if Nero plays in slow motion, and VLC plays in slow motion (sound also in slow motion), how could adding a codec decoder automatically make it play just fine.

This is what I need to know.

Thanks IF ANYONE KNOWS THIS before I unplug everything tomorrow and bring it in.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote