View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New member with some questions

Well I am a 23 year old male and I have been having real bad muscle spasms, cramps in my legs sometimes arms. The spasms feel like they are fluttering; like when you hold a ballon at the end and let air out a little at a time. I also notice when I am writing my forearm and hand get tired and cramp up at times and my hand will shake. There are also stinging type cramps in my jaw and neck some days. My ankles and places where there seems to be a lot of muscles/tendons feel and sound like they are popping/tearing when I move; like if I rotate my ankles and wrist in a circular motion or when I flex I hear a grinding/crackling noise and feel it
I am also real tired a lot lately, especially when I walk;my thighs, calves and knees feel as if I just walked 5 miles, sometimes its painful not sharp pain but a dull pain; like a 5 out of 10.
I have also realized that my muscles seem to be shrinking; but my strength as far as I can tell has not been affected that much. I have lost about 22 pounds; without changing diet and cant tell if its fat loss or muscle.
I go in for an EEG Feb. 9. Would this exam show abnormal nerve activity?
I had a blood test done a few weeks ago and got the results the tests are
Vitamin b12 306
folate 15.6
TSH 1.29
Renin 0.6
serum aldosterone 4.9
I think they were checking for some sign of Peripheral Neuroapthy...
Does ALS have any effect on blood tests?
What are the muscle symptoms of ALS? Can it effect all the limbs within 3months? All this started in my legs around that time and in both legs at the same time, not just one then the other.....any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by magnus; 02-08-2007 at 12:49 PM.
magnus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote