View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelle1216 View Post
Hello all
I am a 24 year old female that is having a vp shunt placed and I have some questions, hopefully someone can help. How much does it hurt and how long are you in bed? My doctor has answered these questions but I would like to hear from someone who has gone through it personally. Also exactly how much of my hair are they going to shave and how did you guys deal with having your head shaved was it easy to cover up and how fast did it grow back?
Hi, My daughter had the same surgery 3 yrs ago at the age of 41 and she was worried about the same things. I was with her the whole time and she was not in pain very much. They had her up and out of bed about 6 hrs after surgery and she went home the next day. She stayed around the house for about a week but not always in bed. As for her hair, they shaved it from her temple down to her ear and she was able to pull her hair foward to cover it. After 2 mo. she had the other side of her hair trimmed to match the shaved side. She was back to normal in no time at all. I hope this info helps and good luck to you!
Hi-Desert Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote