View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Finally saw the Physician Assistant.....probably long...Sorry...

This past Thursday I finally saw the physician assistant and many of you were right! I liked her better than my old neuro who retired!!! She's younger, easier to speak with and REALLY listened. She's also the first female neuro I've dealt with, so perhaps it made a difference too.

I've asked for an MRI being I haven't had one since 2003. Why bother? For my own peace of mind, I'd like to see if the LDN seems to be making a difference in the number of lesions, etc. Haven't scheduled it as yet. Even if it's not a great outcome, I'll continue with the LDN until something better comes along. No more "poison" when it's not necessary.

My right arm and hand are definitely weaker, which I'd all ready figured out. Everything I touch seems to end up on the floor. If it's food, I have to be quick....well, as quick as possible....to pick it up before Tasha, my little dog, gets it. All of the tasks requiring manual dexterity are becoming more of a challenge.

She prescribed the "extended release" version of oxybutinyn. So far so good. Added another half of a tizanidine tablet for spasticity and bloodwork hasn't been done in awhile, except to check the coumadin level.

However, the thing she was really concerned about the most was my eye. It was one week ago that the blood vessels burst and it still looks awful. She was surprised I hadn't seen a doctor or called anyone. Told her I'm "tough" and one of "those" people who don't go to doctors unless absolutely necssary. It's so difficult between not being able to get into vehicles without a struggle and arranging transportation since I no longer drive. Anyway, she gave me the options of seeing my eye doctor (whom I haven't seen in years) or going to the ER. Certainly didn't want to sit in an ER with all sorts of germs flying around, so they found a branch of the Eye Group I use in a town we had to pass through to get home. Fortunately they said the doctor would wait -- so to satisfy all those well-meaning people who said I should see a doctor -- I DID! And just as I thought, it is a "conjunctival hemorrhage" which looks worse than it is, probably caused by my blood being too thin, and there's nothing you can do about it. It does finally look better today with my eye opening more. Have enough regular eyelid to put make-up on, so that's always a good sign!!

My DIL is such a sweetheart to be my transportation. They live over an hour away. She did some grocery shopping for me also.

The physician assistant wants to see me in six months unless something comes up sooner.......we'll see!!!!!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (05-24-2010), Blessings2You (05-24-2010), Debbie D (05-24-2010), dmplaura (05-25-2010), gonnamakeit (05-24-2010), Kitty (05-24-2010), NurseNancy (05-26-2010), SallyC (05-24-2010), soxmom (05-24-2010), tkrik (05-27-2010), Twinkletoes (05-24-2010)