View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 09:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Alive, Well, No Horse

I am alive and well, though as Bob mentions I have indeed been struggling since I do not seem to handle most PD meds well at all.

The blog was taken down because all the entries were originally being placed into novel form. It was to be replaced by a follow up blog and new site, but before the final touches of the new blog and book were complete my current treatment for PD failed. I also suffered from a physical accident at the same time.

I went on an extended hiatus during which time someone I left in charge to answer emails and keep up with Facebook pushed all the wrong buttons and closed my accounts in the belief that I would do better without having to "follow up with such nonsense when I returned." I also lost a vlog entry because of them.

Needless to say that individual was let go.

I was saving this for a later announcement, but let it be known here that "I Has the Parkinson's" will be released in book form this year. It has been divided into three "children's books for adults," heavily illustrated by yours truly, with plenty of Bad Kitty in all of them. The first book will be available in July. A new site will be available then too, lighter on the blogging, heavier on video entries and shot in 3D for optional viewing.

The blog entries from "I Has the Parkinson's" have been produced into a one-man show that will premiere to a test audience this September. The new site and Facebook will explain more as I get closer to this date.

And yes, doctors have finally found a combination of meds that seem to work--finally.

Oh, and I don't ride around on a horse through any deserts. I may play with my dessert with a toy horse, but nothing like what Bob says...Bob's from Canada, and we all know Canadians are easily confused due to all the beer drinking they engage in to keep warm.

That's what my Aunt China says about him, anyway.
Carl Hernz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote