Thread: Hello All!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Mark in Idaho;657006]You will likely do best if you find the exercise level that causes a return of symptoms and limit your exertion to just below that level. The Buffalo protocol does this limiting from a pulse rate perspective. If you have the resources to purchase an exercise pulse rate monitor, you can likely find your pulse rate limit.
QUOTE]

Mark,

Thanks for the information on the heart rate monitor. I've used one for many years when training for triathlon, so it does make sense. I kinda knew there was a threshold there mainly from my use of RPE (rate of perceived exertion). When I was in PT the therapist had me using something as simple as an arm cycle and I noticed the increase in symptoms.

I noticed that LOTS of new stimuli gives me an increase in some symptoms too. I call that crossing my ambient processing threshold, for a lack of articulating it better! This is probably what you are referring to when mentioning emotional overload. Yeah, I got a little cranky and had to simply let the brain rest a couple of times this weekend.

Mikey

~May you have easy days ahead.~
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote