View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMama View Post
Thanks for all the info! I will definitely check it out. My pain management doc is so/so. He hasn't given me any grief for writing for meds, in fact last week he wanted to add fentanyl patches to the mix but I was a little hesitant. But his bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. I guess I feel like if this thing is going to last forever I had better pace myself so I don't become addicted or tolerant to the meds and they won't work anymore. But the unrelenting pain is breaking me down mentally and I am afraid of becoming hooked on the meds. Thank you for your kind words. I wish I could find a support group on my area but so far no luck. Will this ever go into remission? Or am I stuck like this forever....?
Dear Baseballmomma...

Your post is breaking my heart mainly because we can all relate to your feelings..They are valid and you should not feel alone nor helpless..I second what Mike offered, great Mike!! I want to say that this is so terribly devestating.. our lives are not what we will ever remember..Our normalicy is no longer... acceptance is such a large step in the process of our illness.. yes, it seems this is going to be our cross to bear but we have to try and find a place to put this illness with in our life and allow it to be something we live with and work with on a daily basis...eventually trying to form a positive from it..like filtering our new life with RSD into a new adventure.. Sounds crazy but otherwise..we will all lose our minds..Funny but the longer you have it the better you learn to work with it, having the right pain mangaement Dr. along with a counselor for you and your loved ones.. it is going to take that. Continue to read, educate yourself, work with your professionals and most importantly..lean on us here...I would be lost having not found this forum and our family here...We care about you and we will all do what it takes to help you whatever it takes....

Gentle hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindi1965 (06-02-2010), fmichael (05-24-2010), Kakimbo (05-25-2010), loretta (05-24-2010), SandyRI (05-24-2010), Wilbyfree (05-24-2010), wswells (05-25-2010)